Saturday, May 05, 2007

Turning on Jenny

Over a year ago I gave a speech in a foreign country at a national convention. I took Jenny to the convention where they were kind enough to give her a front row seat.

It was one of those talks where I hit it out the park and there was a standing ovation. Everybody was very pleased since I was considered a risky speaker, and audience members even lined up for my autograph.

When we got back to the hotel Jenny jumped me and screwed the living daylights out of me.

During a pause in the proceedings, Jenny confessed that she was surprised by how turned on she was by my speech. I chalked this up to one of many things I don't understand about women, but actually kind of do. Meaning that I can justify the behavior from an evolutionary and psychological perspective, and I certainly enjoy it!, but dont' really understand it. Maybe this is why some girls become groupies for rock stars or actors. It's obvious it isn't always because they are good looking -- the women are affiliating with popularity and power, not always physical characteristics.

And I've written before about some of this effect, but it is interesting to see it in my monogamous mate. Jenny shows no deep affinity for male movie stars, sports stars or the like, but seems to have displaced all of this on me.

I'm not complaining.

But let's review some of what appears to turn on Jenny, besides the ordinary suspects:

  1. When I give a speech that sways the audience.
  2. When I am with beautiful other women.
  3. When I describe what I forcefully will do to her in an upcoming lovemaking scenario.
  4. When I masturbate on the webcam.

Is there a common theme? Maybe I am overreaching, but I think it is about when I am in a position of power. Power over others. Power over her. Power over myself. These expressions of power make Jenny wet with desire. Really wet.

But even beyond that, these are scenarios which also reflect well on her power stemming from her ownership over my loyalty. My power over the audience, over her sexual submission, or my orgasms accrue to her power over the world as well.

I am not advocating the pure power viewpoint of human relationships, or going the route of Camille Paglia on the issue, but in much of pop psychology one does find truths.

How about the other way?

When I see similar competencies in Jenny, I am proud, but rarely sexually turned on. Her general power does not provoke a sexual reaction in me. In fact, I am more sexually turned on by the same aforementioned scenarios when she is there. In fact when she is not present, power does not do much of anything for me. But it is the reflection of my power in my lover that really gets me going.

I need that mirror.

I need Jenny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a D/s type of relationship. (There really is a lack of literature/studies that actually scientifically test BDSM theories.) You get off on being the dominant one, the one with power, she gets off on being submissive, and admiring your power. It doesn't mean she's powerless, since she has your loyalty.

Another theory could be based in evolution: your power, sway over people means you're an alpha/provider/dependable, and her attraction to you is reproductively advantageous.

Sigmund said...

I also like Jenny to tie me up so that part works both ways, although that happens less often. In submissive situations I seem to be more turned on by my submission than Jenny's powerful accomplishments (which, make no mistake, are otherwise commendable).

All such cases amount to perhaps 20% of our sexual activity to date, although that varies by situation.

Jenny does need more training or practice on being a good top. I like to be teased and denied more than physically overwhelmed, but I think it is not really in her nature (yet.) She has attended a stripping class (keeping in mind she also used to dance and sing as a pop singer) and has the moves, but this is an area where we are still working.